Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Grab the Blood Buckets

As you all know I love videogames very much and as you may also know the E3 convention was a little over a week ago. Although I didn't get to go, I was right on my couch watching all the recaps on Xbox LIVE. One of the things I am most excited about though is Gears of War 2. After playing most of Gears 1, I know what to expect from Epic Games. Cliff Bezinski of Epic Games stated during the announcement of Gears 2 last February "Gears 2 will be scarier, bloodier and more badass than Gears 1 so bring a bucket"


Because Gears 2 must top Gears 1, Epic Games is doing several things. They said they are working on Dom's AI when you are playing Story Mode alone because he was terrible in the first game. They also upped the textures of all surfaces which will give Gears 2 an amazing amount of detail. With the newer features on the Unreal 3 Engine they will be able to create better shadows and lighting, insert large numbers of intelligent enemies into gameplay, and create very destructible environments. The newest Gears 2 trailer "Rendezvous" was released during E3 and can be seen below.

Enough about Gears 2, a few days ago I sang for a school garage band program at Chaska River City Days. I sang the verses on "Rise Above This" by Seether and the chorus on "Can't Buy Me Love" by The Beatles. My smartass friend Jeff added his own video annotations so don't mind those.

"Rise Above This"

"Can't Buy Me Love"






Well that about wraps it up for now. Peace.
P.S.-This will be my last blog post most likely before I'm ungrounded on August 11th.

No comments: