Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tropic Thunder

Hey everyone sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been really busy this week working with my dad and playing with my friends on XBL. This last weekend I saw the new comedy "Tropic Thunder" and it was amazing. I've never seen an action comedy before like this so it was pretty cool. My favorite character was Robert Downey Jr's character Kirk Lazarus, a great Australian actor who has won many Oscars and has now gone through a skin darkening procedure to play a black man in what the group of actors assume will be the greatest war movie of all time. Although it was the main cast of Ben Stiller, Downey Jr, and Black that move it along, the lesser known actors like Brandon T. Jackson and Jay Baruchel are funnier in some parts. There are quite a few good cameos from Matthew McConaughey, Bill Hader from SNL, and Tom Cruise as one of the funniest characters in the movie.

I know that recently the Special Olympics foundation was trying to boycott the movie because of the scene revolving around the word retard. I think this is the dumbest shit I've heard (other than the live action DBZ movie). I really don't get why people are that offended. It's an R-Rated movie so why the fuck can't Stiller do what he wants with his movie? It's really odd that the Special Olympics are so opposed because of the fact that the scene constantly using the word was one of the mildest scenes in the movie. You don't hear African-Americans pissed off about every black racial slur and stereotype being used in the movie. You don't hear Peta bitching about Ben Stiller's character killing a Panda. Therefore, there should be no more complaining about this movie. There's something wrong with everybody in the world which is displayed iin this movie. Everyone, not just thee mentally handicapped.

I'm on my new laptop now that I got for online schooling. I just got AIM and MSN so I'll add links to those when I get a chance.

~Fin

No comments: